PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS interview process
View Single Post
Old 31st Aug 2018, 07:59
Fortunatalie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Trevor Hannant
Attended CTC for Stage 2 Assessments yesterday. After a 90 minute delay in starting (thanks for the free Costa though!) thanks to an update to FEAST taking the whole thing down, 11 of us eventually got started.

No real nerves, which I was a little surprised at, as we sat in the room. Written paper was fairly straight forward IF you've read the document you're told to read and learn - although make sure you get some Distance/Speed/Time calculations practised also! Onto FEAST itself and thought I'd done OK with the exception of one part which I thought I'd royally screwed up. The nerves only kicked in when the results were brought into the room. However, name not called out which saw a massive wave of relief shoot through...

6 of us then left to do FEAST-DART. Felt OK until the final of the 6 tests here. Again, really thought I'd screwed it up when I realise I'd read instructions for one element of the final test wrong!:

NOTE TO OTHERS - RTFI AND READ THEM AGAIN AND AGAIN!!

Thanks to the delayed start (and someone having an unfortunate "incident" on a rail line somewhere), missed my flight home last night so got myself booked into a hotel. Back into room from brekkie and the wait was over - congratulations email in my inbox telling me to expect a further email to book in for a Stage 3 interview! So much for 15 working days, only just over 15 hours!!

So to those who've left tips, hints and advice - I thank you. For others yet to attend CTC and Stage 2, really really take your time and read the instructions!

Now, where's my last competency based interview notes...
Well done, Trevor! I'll be taking on board your RTFI instruction...this is usually my downfall as I try to read them too fast to save time.

Good luck with Stage 3!