PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AVCON JET
Thread: AVCON JET
View Single Post
Old 29th Aug 2018, 18:52
uberwang

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I see this thread popped up again.. Having asked around a bit there are two types of people. The ones that like Avcon and are happy to work at a successful company ( there is no indication they aren't in good shape) and the ones that are bitter because either things didn't work out for them ( owner went bankrupt, aircraft sold etc) or they were just generally this kind of complaining pilot that's so common on prune and in the hotel lounges.. in the end I think it's somewhere in the middle... you can have a good ops or a bad ops I guess.
One thing I heard is the office work is done by new Copilots and is optional. No one had to undertake that work but it benefits your future if you go the extra mile. Like any company in any industry.. I did some extra stuff when I started out.There are some ops where it's agreed the money is decided between owners and pilots.. all agreements with Avcon are apparently honoured.. If an owner wants it that way (and pilots agree to it) then they should really only blame themselves.. Austrian per diems are rubbish and the tax is high in Austria.. Uberwang