PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gulf Air Update
Thread: Gulf Air Update
View Single Post
Old 29th Aug 2018, 17:11
Gordomac

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts
allatp ; It's a Flying Club. Not a "proper" airline. Stay with it. Get in. Fabbo people. You will do, on average, 30 years ! I did, only 17. Interview at LHR was for B767 DEC. I was phoned, same evening by CP 767 stating I was accepted. Next evening, he stated that DEC for 767 was no longer sanctioned." Sorrry. Welcome to GF", he said, Burt, I was offered DEC 737, burt only on one year contract. Why not join us, anyway for B767 RHS ? "OK" said desperado. " , because, as explained, this would be a "three" year contract. Better than "one", eh ? ". "How soon do you want me?", said desperado, "Tomorrow would really help" said, equally desperate CP. I joined, larfed an awful lot, flew with the most talented bunch I have ever known, got my Command back within 6 months. Despite being kicked in the ollies 17 years later, I still tear up at the fabbo memories. Allatp, stay with it. You will never look back..........well, maybe, except in anger ! L A R F ! Oh, I keep saying "Burt" because that was all the UK Northern birds used to say. Burt, that's another story ! Poolside, Gulf Hotel ? Thought I was at the Manchester Excelsior Hotel !