PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Maun, Botswana. The essential guide.
View Single Post
Old 28th Aug 2018, 17:50
Geosync

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by K.Loggins
How about as a doctor? My wife wants to go to Africa for a year to work and I can take a sabbatical year from work (easyJet). I have an ATPL but most of my 2500 hours are on the A320, is that interesting for these type of operators?
There was a Bush Pilots TV show and one of the pilots was a Brit with similar times and airline experience as you. He moved to Africa to be closer to his sis, and he easily got hired. As far as your wife, I'm in the same boat. My wife worked in Kenya in global health, through the university she was with at the time. She is an MD(American) now and we have been thinking about going back to East Africa. But she would have to work for a U.S. government agency to make decent money, or volunteer. She does have British citizenship as well but I don't think that helps in this case. I'm assuming the both of your are Dutch, so maybe there is a Dutch government or university program for doctors in East Africa. but if money is no issue, then I'm sure she can find some volunteer work pretty easily.