PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Non type rated easyjet recruitment?
View Single Post
Old 28th Aug 2018, 14:20
Daz80

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Count of Monte Bisto
I have just been flying with a Portuguese guy based in OPO. I discovered, to my astonishment, that part of Portuguese law is that they get paid for 14 months' work each year (one extra month in the summer to cover holidays and one at Christmas)! It is the most bizarre thing I have ever heard of and he was waxing lyrical about how good the contract is there - the world's best kept secret etc. Maybe others with more insight can share, but he was quoting monthly figures of around €7-8,000. Seems alright to me. I am a UK based easyJet guy so I am not an authority on such matters, but it was a very interesting conversation nonetheless.
A captain who's been in the company 5 years, paying full local Portuguese tax (assuming wife not working and 1 or 2 kids) can expect a net annual take home of €90,000. That's not including the performance bonus (up to 20% basic salary gross).

If you've got any questions count, feel free to PM me. Needless to say, it's one hell of a lot better than it used to be.