PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The NAS, facts and fantasies
View Single Post
Old 10th Oct 2003, 11:23
bonez

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
airports and airspace..!

walley2

What I contend is that while I understand you have a penchant for attacking others who have a different view to yourself; I would like to correct you when you say "airport owners and operators know nothing about anything above our OLS"

We do pay attention to and are qualified to comment on Terminal Airspace Reform.

Infact at uncontrolled airports we are the only source of the base data needed to commence a risk analysisand in todays enviroment appear to be the only organisations examining comparing and analysing this data.

the problem is that the perception regarding airport owners/operators being involved in airspace is that it is for no other reason that to enable the collection of charges

some airport operators take an interest for other reasons but this seems to be a small %

some years back some airports wanted to become part of the rapac process and it was resolved that they should be observers only as the majority of airspace users did not believe airports should be involved in airspace which was deemed not to be something they had any responsibility for *the mbz vs ctaf is a good example

of course they can speak on any matter they like but to be heard they must be seen as speaking responsibly and without an alternative motive which is not often the case at the moment

until airports and the aaa realise that their involvement is seen as genuinely safety related and not to put in place a means of collecting charges they will not advance their cause one bit in the eyes of many

sorry walley2 but thats a fact

get ken to work on that and it will improve your lot somewhat