PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ethiopean infos.
View Single Post
Old 24th Aug 2018, 12:06
Boeing1234

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi,
I'm a B777 captain. European based, but soon to move to the US. Would you mind helping me with some of the following questions. I'd prefer not to take what the agency says on face value.

How long does the training take, and is it punitive.
Agency says $14000 per month. Should I assume that includes everything - pay, housing, per diem? I've seen an earlier breakup of an amount (it was less than $14K)
How difficult is housing to come by, or expensive is an hotel. When on trips, can you leave baggage in the hotel.
I've done the contract thing before, and learned how the little things make a difference - what food is available, and do they allow you to bring food into the country.
Tax. My understanding is that a tax certificate is only useful when there is a treaty between Ethiopia and your country of residence. Otherwise, it becomes a hindrance, as you become liable for tax in your home country for the 'gross' amount. From my reading, Ethiopia has double taxation treaties with only 10 other countries.
About how many hours do you average per month, and do you get to choose your days off - for example, Christmas
Is the economy, upgradable to business hit and miss, or is there usually a seat in business.
Thanks for any help