PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The NAS, facts and fantasies
View Single Post
Old 10th Oct 2003, 02:32
WALLEY2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BIK 116.8

BIK116.80

As a matter of interest you should ask yourself :

"how many years of maths and stats have I studied?

how many risk analyses have I contributed to?

how many experts have I employed or given consultancies to for reports on airspace problems or reforms?

Do I get all ICAO and CASA reg changes on terminal airspace across my desk for my library?

Have I had changes excepted by CASA to existing and proposed regs due to my teams analysis of their and others standards?"

Airspace reform is not developed by flight or ATC personal experience, and is not anecdotal it is scientific.

Our current Risk analysis involves guys with Phds in Engineering, Statistics,and Risk management in addition to extremely well Qualified Pilots and ATC personnel.

In stage two of our risk assessment all the heavy metal, regional, and G.A. players are being consulted and surveyed as have CASA and AA.

We are one of two major regional airports doing such analysis on CTAF vs MBZ vs CAGRS vs D Class Towers. Our costs alone are $40,000 for this exercise. Infact for us it is the second time we have studied terminal airspace procedures at our airport, the first lesser study resulted in Australia adopting CA/GRS procedures.

I accept that unless we are also pilots and some of us are, our enroute knowledge is probably not at a standard to offer an opinion at this level of play. It is to try to understand it that I read this forum, even though I abour the personal attacks that abound here.

What I contend is that while I understand you have a penchant for attacking others who have a different view to yourself; I would like to correct you when you say "airport owners and operators know nothing about anything above our OLS"

We do pay attention to and are qualified to comment on Terminal Airspace Reform.

Infact at uncontrolled airports we are the only source of the base data needed to commence a risk analysisand in todays enviroment appear to be the only organisations examining comparing and analysing this data.

Sir I say to you "you are being somewhat harsh and infact not correct in your illmannered comment on airports lack of knowledge on airspace reforms."