PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Newbie & Flying Training Advice (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 20th Aug 2018, 10:16
Shaunie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bloodandiron
I think Munz might be slightly biased with his recommendation but definitely don't restrict yourself to just Gold Coast flight schools. Trust me, it's better to choose a school that's smaller and has really good reviews. Don't settle for average and certainly don't ever go near a school that has even just a couple people giving bad experiences about their training there.

Don't be afraid to move. If you're going to sink upwards of $50k on a course make sure it's going to a school that deserves it. Don't think of VET money as government money. It's your money, that you are going to repay. Treat each sum paid to the flight school on your course census dates as you giving them a transfer from your bank account.

In saying that, I always hear a lot of bad things about Australian Wings Academy.

Air Gold Coast gets a lot of good reviews and they seemed very friendly and upfront when I contacted them for more info on their diploma.

I spoke with a very enthusiastic and friendly instructor from Airways about a year ago and their facilities looked excellent. I'm fairly sure their diploma courses are not FEE HELP approved though. I'd be wary of Airways though since they present themselves as a bit of a sausage factory.
Thanks will keep that in mind! It's seems to be very difficult to get a consensus on the best of the best