PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2-5
Thread: Jet2-5
View Single Post
Old 20th Aug 2018, 08:00
sixchannel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ETOPS
Any ideas how long an EU261 claim takes with Jet2? Suffered a near 4 hour delay earlier this month - peppered with some fantasy estimates from the handling agent
I'm only getting automated responses from customer services and I'm loathe to involve the various flight crew I know.........

Service was LS874 from FAO to MAN 8th Aug. Original 'frame went tech and G-LSAC was positioned in from LBA to MAN leading to the long wait - didn't get to bed before 5am.
Well FWIW, back in April '16 when Emirates had just started their A380 BHX-DBX flights, the shiny new aluminium overcast went tech at BHX. The resultant delay was 7.1/2 hours whilst another A380 was ferried in (from LHR I think).
I used www.resolver.co.uk to put in my Claim and got paid out the full flight cost compensation of the entire BHX-DBX-SYD as Emrates were responsible for us missing our onward connections in DBX by many hours and so a considerable delay there before we could fly on to SYD.
Its free to use and we were paid out in 8 weeks. Dont know if that's good or bad - just sayin'.
HTH