PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - After 5 hours...
View Single Post
Old 19th Aug 2018, 18:11
double_barrel

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by rarelyathome
You really do need to change instructors. Stalling after 5 hrs? So they've got you through effects of controls, straight & level, climbing & descending, turning, slow flight all in 5 hrs while you are still having difficulties on the ground. As others have said, it is your money. Take it elsewhere and get good quality instruction. It is these exercises where the foundation of all your flying skills are laid.
Yes. Been through all that. I was OK to do each of them as separate exercises, but still far from comfortable with the whole thing. Is that unusually superficial? Last thing he said was that now I just need to keep practicing. Maybe that's an OK way to approach it ?

Originally Posted by Pilot DAR
Oh dear... ........Yes, your instructor should be "covering this" for you in the beginning of your learning, but you still should be aware!
I am a bit surprised at no mention ever of any value of airspeed for anything. I have read a bit of theory so know what to expect for the obvious things, but I did expect everything to be dominated by awareness of IAS. It certainly is not at the moment. Maybe I am just worrying too much and they are treating the 1st 5 hours as a general relaxed intro to be followed-up by more formal stuff ?

Originally Posted by Pilot DAR
Just 'cause I'm curious, what aircraft model and year have you been flying DB?
C172M. Don't know the year