PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot Crashes Plane into Own Home After Arrest
Old 19th Aug 2018, 15:55
pattern_is_full

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
Actually, in the home-security video, what I see is the plane (well, its beacon or wing strobes) flying in a nearly flat trajectory at or below tree-top level (compare strobes to trees illuminated by explosion). With about an ~80-foot/25m dive in the last moments. Something (houses, trees) hides the final beacon flash. I think the speed may be a bit faster than 120, but not much.

*........ *........ *................. (**boom**) PPP (trees)

A bit more about the impact with the garage across the street - video also shows left wingtip damage (briefly): https://fox13now.com/2018/08/13/pays...eighbors-home/

It'll be interesting to see just how much of a technical report the NTSB issues, given the rather obvious "cause" - intentional pilot action. But maybe, if only to sort out the intentional-crash vs. stalled-flyby question.

I don't put a lot of weight on the "his career was already ended by the assault charges" argument - making an intentional successful low pass would still mean he was ending his career.