PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Southend-2
Thread: Southend-2
View Single Post
Old 18th Aug 2018, 13:58
tophat27dt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mik3bravo
What is a concern is the high frequency of technical problems with these aircraft registrations in particular.

Is it a fundamental underlying fault or series of related faults? Or, is it a maintenance quality issue? How can we be sure pax safety integrity is not at risk from potential faults which may be missed? Is this not becoming a matter for authorities to step in and question the maintenance checks and logs? Something is not right if the high frequency of tech issues are persistently occurring to this level of frequency, it is not typical.
EF was recently sent to the Embraear maintenance unit in Lisbon to have it's list of defects rectified. Clearly even they couldn't fix it. I heard previously that something "trips out" and has to be reset all the time, but not sure if this same fault is the problem now. When I used to dry lease in light aircraft for my flying club to cope with demand during the summer months, if I found later one was a bad apple in the basket, it was sent back and replaced by another aircraft. This question I asked about the Embraear but I guess nobody knows for sure the lease agreement terms. Plus there is a question of compensation. Can StobartAir claim this when chartering in replacement aircraft, or having to transfer pax to different airports?