PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Southend-2
Thread: Southend-2
View Single Post
Old 18th Aug 2018, 07:37
Cazza_fly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tophat27dt
I certainly agree this machine with it's technical issues which nobody seems to be able to fix permanently is ruining their reputation. EF flew in from Prague at 2300 and seems broken again this morning delaying the Dublin flight outward by 4 hours. Is this aircraft leased (I do get confused) and why can it not be returned to FlyBe and replaced?
At least a couple of these ex-Flybe E195s caused regular major headaches and disruption whilst with Flybe too, in particular EF.
G-FBEJ is another that has been notorious in the past, but of course she is still with Flybe and also seems to have improved with the dispatch reliability significantly this year. I will never understand how or why Stobart chose to lease / purchase these airframes knowing their history. Surely with the amount of problems they have been facing with them an organisation might soon step in? CAA? Even Embraer themselves surely must be keeping a close eye on the reliability of this fleet and hopefully coming up with some kind of solution? There's very clearly some major issues to address. It's a real shame how much Stobart have allowed these problems to effect both theirs and the Flybe brand image from Southend...

Last edited by Cazza_fly; 18th Aug 2018 at 13:10.