PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Viability of G3 vs G4
View Single Post
Old 17th Aug 2018, 06:28
gbruton

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Catorce14
I would be operating out of John Wayne in Orange County, no trips to Aspen planned.

My biggest problem with the G200 is how small it is. We are 5 people plus Dog and very frequent relatives. Also, I am getting the sentiment that airplane owners typically scale for their most frequent trips, not necessarily their longest ones. Although the G200 seems to cost half of what a GIV would on paper as far as operating costs, it cannot complete the entire mission I would ask of it.

I'm also worried about giving my family a bad experience in a plane that appears very small relative to the GIV. My wife especially is used to the pod at the front of a 777 Dreamliner and other first class accommodations. G200, while same width and height, is not the same length inside as you stated, so looks much smaller no matter how capable.

What I still don't understand and what I wish someone would tell me is this:

If I take a GIV for 2.5 million, and I take a G200 for 2.5 million, and I run them both 150 hours, is the only thing that is going to change is operating costs? It seems like the GIV is so much more bang for the buck......and it can do so much more......why would I ever buy anything lesser?

Honest question.
???? Have you even been inside a Lear 55? Everything you stated previously on why you had to have a Gulfstream and a private Jet goes out the window with a Lear 55 especially with 5+ people. (room, range, comfort gone)
And for the record a G200 cabin is very large for a mid size jet. Full galley and Lav. Lear 55...hope you like sitting the entire flight and you can hold it if you got to go!
Additionally for the price I would argue it is the best cabin size you can get for the money and performance while may not be the most ideal will beat a Lear.

I'm telling you, everyone here is telling you.... Charter your experience is going to end up being much much much better.