PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe-9
Thread: Flybe-9
View Single Post
Old 16th Aug 2018, 11:03
OltonPete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
175/Q400

Originally Posted by BOHEuropean
The Q400s should be staying in the fleet now, the leases were extended. Unless G-ECOI and G-ECOK head back to Brussels I would anticipate seeing those painted this winter along with some others such as G-JECP which will return to service in September/October. Although with the change in branding and the removal of the Yellow and Red I'd expect to see a revised scheme - which along with it being summer and aircraft not typically painted in the summer months, may also be a reason for a lack of repaints recently. They'd only be done as and when required; Flybe don't have the 'spare cash' to throw around repainting aircraft unnecessarily and as Airsouthwest says... a repaint will take the best part of a week, Flybe don't have the slack in their operation for that in the summer.

"Flybe Group plc is pleased to announce that today Flybe Limited, a wholly-owned subsidiary, signed an agreement with GOAL German Operating Aircraft Leasing GmbH & Co. KG ("GOAL") (the "Agreement") to extend the leases of five Bombardier Q400 turboprop aircraft, which were otherwise due to expire between August 2018 and January 2019. Flybe will extend the leases on these aircraft with the last aircraft to expire in 2024 for a net cash consideration of $24.3m payable over the term of the leases. The lease extension provides Flybe Limited with immediate benefits, including significantly reduced lease rental payments and reduced cash security deposit requirements."

Deal effects: G-ECOF, G-ECOH, G-ECOI, G-ECOK, G-ECOO according to Planespotters.net Flybe Fleet

The four Embraer E175 aircraft due for delivery in 2019 would likely be the first E175s in purple.

According to Jethro's, 30 out of the 54 Q400s are in Purple so more than half.
Interesting information and thank you for posting.

The only point of note I have is that they still seem to have 3-5 aircraft not in service at any one time and I realise Jet2, TUI, Thomas Cook are no different with their spares but I was at BHX the other day and one DH8D flew at 1pm another came in at the time and that was it for the day. Another DH8D was in MAEL and the most surprising aspect is the 175 in maintenance in Exeter from 2 August at the very time those extra 10 seats would be filled. The aircraft are definitely utilised more but they still seem to have quite a few "spare" or "parked" or in maintenance.

The good news is that they seem to have fewer cancellations.

They seemed to have picked up some more winter ski work at BHX - certainly the Lleida on a Sunday which operated BHX-ILD-BRS-ILD-BHX l a few years ago before Jet2 EMA took it, seems to be back and the BHX Sunday Chambery which was Titan last winter fits into the 195 schedule which does not operate the CDG and it appears it is going to operate BHX - CMF-SOU-CMF-BHX but not yet confirmed. They have always had both winter and summer charters but some seem to come and go but these two appear to heading back.

Pete