PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS long haul EBA
View Single Post
Old 14th Aug 2018, 08:17
Keg

Nunc est bibendum

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by dragon man

How long has it been now since the announcement of the 747s departure?

I’d be stunned if there is yet a firm plan of what aircraft go when. In fact I know as at a week ago Flight Ops still didn’t know the longer term plan.

One sentence from the company would put it all to bed and that is the company will abide by the provisions of the RIN process as per the long haul contract. The silence is deafening.
You want the company to put out a statement to line crew saying they’ll adhere to an award that they’re already legally required to adhere to?

I get that there are a number of 744 crews wondering what will become of them. Heck, four years ago I was there myself. Like the 767 drivers did, it’s relatively easy for 744 Captains to read the award, look at the numbers, consider the previous pronouncements about the 787, and work out some of the options the company may use to deal with them.

Which one could the company use? Who knows. They don’t have enough information yet to make the call. Besides which, things can change between now and 18 months time when the trigger proabably first needs to be pulled.

Things are a bit more grey for the F/Os as the seniority band is much wider but even that should be relatively easy to determine for individual pilots. At least there are likely to be promotional opportunities available for them in the lead up to the RIN-so,thing that wasn’t available in 2014.

Originally Posted by Capt Colonial

So, any I.R department would be looking at options. The Pilot group may not want to trade away any safeguards in the RIN process, however, I am sure the Qantas accountants and shareholders would! Probably called an “efficiency” in any current/future negotiations.
So there’s a level of angst prevalent that strikes me as premature and largely unwarranted- at least for the moment.