PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Non type rated easyjet recruitment?
View Single Post
Old 12th Aug 2018, 11:51
dirk85

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It is not true that you always get sent out of your base for the upgrade. The base transfer system is a transparent system, if you are willing to wait to be on top of a base list, you have total control over where you end up, even the same base where you are as a FO.

The portuguese contract has improved a lot in the last year, it is not as bad as people make it.

French/Italian/German bases are not impossible to get, but not the easiest either. The most popular bases are the big commuter bases like MXP or CDG. It might make sense to accept for a short time another base, eg LGW, and in a relatively short time another base should become available.

Originally Posted by SextanteUK
Thanks for the info guys. I know this is how aviation works, but I've been moving non stop for 10 years and I'd like to think that my next step (or the next one haha) will be the last one. And I know that's almost impossible in this industry, but......

Easyjet UK I guess it's out of the question with all the brexit crap. So we'd basically have Germany, France, Italy, Switzerland, Portugal and Spain I guess. Zero interest in Spain, I'm from there and I left 10 years ago. Politics kills me too much.

I've been reading about Portugal and how the contract/quality of life is not that good compared with other contracts. Is there any reason for it?

Switzerland. Awesome country, but I'm not sure money is that great since cost of living there is insane.

France/Italy. These are the best two contracts I assume?. How hard is to get on these if you're lucky enough to pass all the interviews?.

I read that upgrades, no matter from what base, are sent to London for a while. Will that change at all after Brexit?