PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Someone stole a Q400 from Seattle?
View Single Post
Old 12th Aug 2018, 08:40
Lord Farringdon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PukinDog
Long before he had the nice chit chat you're so impressed with, he taxied-out and took off from and airport without saying a word to any controller. What will you tell me next about your St. Rich, that he kept a listening watch out on all freqs, developed a big picture because he was so good at sim-flying and familiar with pushing back aircraft, and was seeing and avoiding all other aircraft taxing and/or taking-off on and around the airport based on his own 3 dimensional picture? Please, oh Lord-whatever, tell me another fairy tale.

Also, if something had gone wrong with the aircraft he's not trained to deal with, he could have easily planted it into a house, road, or whatever after takeoff despite his ramblings on freq later. He knew that as well. Also, he may have luckily ended up not killing anyone in a sparsely-populated area but he had no way of knowing whats in the woods. If he had any credibility about not wanting to hurt anyone he would have splashed it in the water. I believe you're the one who lacks understanding of his potential for killing innocent people, intentional or not.

But you go on ahead thinking whatever you want about good 'ole plane-thieving, reckless-flying, suicidal "Rich" that felt like he was entitled to an audience just because he decided to off himself.
PutinDog. Calm down. Don't be so angry with a young man who is now deceased. Fact: He didn't hurt anyone. I agree there was potential for disaster and for a far more sinister intent. But the reality was something else and perhaps the controllers communications with him made a significant difference to the final outcome. So I am pleased Rich stayed in contact with the controller. It's pretty scary what could have happened as you suggest but put the actual outcome in perspective. Stolen cars have killed more people and created far more carnage, intentionally and unintentionally and they will continue to eclipse this event every day somewhere in the world.