PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Cityflyer-2
Thread: BA Cityflyer-2
View Single Post
Old 12th Aug 2018, 08:24
WHBM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by hi_fly
The morning LCY departure left 90 mins late due to a a cabin crew member calling in sick .... I spoke to the cabin crew who were excellent. When I queried when they’d go out of hours they said they had already as they had come in on an early flight from Milan and volunteered for the FLR/BRS legs.
This doesn't quite seem to add up. The morning LCY-Florence is due to depart 30 minutes before the Milan gets in, in fact it departs shortly after LCY opens, so the crew must have overnighted at LCY.And if "a" crew member then called in sick, why was the whole crew replaced by one which had come in overnight from Milan. Did the whole crew call in sick ?

I have heard this one before, that someone has "called in sick", when in fact it's nothing of the sort, but a mess-up by crewing.

Do Cityflyer have some Italian-based crew ? Not an idle question; a few years ago I was surprised to find that Cityjet at LCY on the 146 also had so (after a very fluent bilingual PA announcement on one of their flights to Italy), and some of their rosters through LCY were crewed from that end. LCY is a difficult place to retain staff, as we know much of Cityflyer's hub there is actually crewed from Scotland.

It's very good that tghe crew support last-minute mess-abouts like this. One hopes that crewing and management have a similar positive attitude back to them.