PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Someone stole a Q400 from Seattle?
View Single Post
Old 12th Aug 2018, 06:35
Lord Farringdon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PukinDog
I don't feel sad. I feel relieved and very happy this guy didn't wind up killing innocent people on the ground or in another aircraft while he was helping himself to his self-indulgent, attention-getting method of suicide. On the radio he sounds like a typical Millennial YouTuber/Facebooker trying (and failing) to act nonchalant and witty for effect, otherwise why tune and keep his radio turned on talking with ATC if not to star in his own, final show. Perhaps if he'd said goodbye to his wife, family, and friends then quietly gone to jump off a cliff or string himself from the rafters endangering nobody else I'd feel a bit of sympathy.

But trying to make a big, self-narrated show out of it and using a stolen, recklessly-flown aircraft? no.

Oh PukinDog. Think a bit deeper that your hatred of social media. Rich's job, involved as it was with the pushback of aircraft had him in communication with the cockpit every day. He was obviously very familiar and comfortable with radio chatter. He knew what he was doing was wrong and he stated he didn't want anybody to get hurt. I think his maintaining comms with a very professional controller and mmmm mostly obeying his requests ensured no one got hurt on the ground or in the air. If Rich had had gone no comms it may have been a worse outcome. Maybe you change your forum name to BlackDog and you might understand this a bit better.