PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Someone stole a Q400 from Seattle?
View Single Post
Old 12th Aug 2018, 06:17
Bend alot

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by PukinDog
I don't feel sad. I feel relieved and very happy this guy didn't wind up killing innocent people on the ground or in another aircraft while he was helping himself to his self-indulgent, attention-getting method of suicide. On the radio he sounds like a typical Millennial YouTuber/Facebooker trying (and failing) to act nonchalant and witty for effect, otherwise why tune and keep his radio turned on talking with ATC if not to star in his own, final show. Perhaps if he'd said goodbye to his wife, family, and friends then quietly gone to jump off a cliff or string himself from the rafters endangering nobody else I'd feel a bit of sympathy.

But trying to make a big, self-narrated show out of it and using a stolen, recklessly-flown aircraft? no.
The Air Botswana guy that stole the ATR 42 was a pilot not a millennial, there was no real internet there at the time.

He kept the radio on all the time and was talking to ATC, But he was flying over a populated area, he also did a barrel roll and had no intention of killing innocent people on the ground.

I don't think he was seeking attention - just sick.