PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates (EK) Interview - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 9th Aug 2018, 18:56
Sorry Dog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Xulu
Finance and Law?

I assure you, if you worked a month in those industries you’d not have any lifestyle left to talk about.

Its brutal out there for everyone, not just pilots.
Seconded. Can't speak for finance as much, but at least in the U.S. the majority of lawyers out there are having a tough time. Unlike aviation schools, law schools have been quite successful at expanding graduation numbers. Graduates have to look forward to an ever expanding pool of candidates competing for shrinking number of quality jobs. Basically while aviation is on the front end of global pilot shortage, the legal field is on the front end of major glut that will take decades to play out.

I don't agree with some of the tangents in this editorial and it is slightly dated, but the major premise is spot on.
https://nationalpost.com/opinion/con...ough-real-work
Whenever any talking head on T.V. proclaims there is shortage of some specialized tech or science workers, I have to bite my tongue to keep from screaming Bullschitt at the T.V. Only of shortage of those who will work uncompensated overtime or other lifestyle abuses. Many companies that have abdicated their community responsibilities turn to H1 B Visa's to side step the thorny issue of raising wages while maintaining cost cutting goals for managerial bonuses.