PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - more on pilot shortages
View Single Post
Old 9th Aug 2018, 01:18
aroa

Received 43 Likes on 28 Posts
Oh, ! for the simple days when you did all the relevant PPL study, clocked up your hours and when the CFI did a check flight and reckoned you were good to go for the PPL Flight Test...you had a go

After 1/2 hour or more with the examiner shooting Qs at you and you either talked it thru and /or chalked up some drawings or graphs on the blackboard to make your point. Checking that you have the necessary understanding of what its all about...at this early time in your 'career'...with very limited practical experience...you both got in an aeroplane where the Tester put you thru yr paces to assess that you were safe enough to let loose with a PPL. Thus you could go on and learn by practical experience, gain further knowledge of the mysteries of aviating and enjoy it without killing yourself or others.
Fly within your limits, stupid.

Dcades later I did the CPL exams twice.. because at the time of the last one, the earlier passes dropped off the time perch. Second lot as a close cluster did the trick...but I found from the pass marks % , I was unaware of those things that I missed on. Not very educational to my mind...what dont I know..that I should.?

Time erases what exam it was but one multichoice Q had TWO correct answers..!! The trick was to pick the one that CAsA believed to be more important that the other.. Picked wrong...so there.!

I'm afraid that 50 years of bureaucrapizing the sh*t out of that which WAS relatively simple has now turned it all into a nightmare. The KISS principle is long, long gone.

The ONLY way to save GA in this country is to take up FAA regs, BIN all the truckloads of CAsA muck, and for Christ's sake Minister show some steel balls and do something about CAsA...and you may actually save an industry so vital to this nation.

(Since he wont, I'll just go and pop another anti-depressant pill)

Vale ! GA.