PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tech stops, interesting airfields for ferry flight
Old 8th Aug 2018, 18:25
Coda

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jan Olieslagers
Yes, the museum at Kbely is great. I was especially impressed by the slightly elderly people serving there as guides, from what I perceived as a sense of duty towards society. Or perhaps it gained them some kind of social or even financial merit, but it cannot have been huge.
Right, I believe the museum is state-owned, and it is free-entry, so the people manning it are probably all volunteers.

But do not confuse the topic-starter, we do not want him to land his LSA on the military runway of Kbely, thinking he is at the rural Letnany field. Those two are really dangerously close to each other!
Absolutely, make sure you land on the grass one. If you find your wheels on concrete you are in trouble :P
In fact Prague airspace can be quite scary to navigate, Letnany is inside the MCTR of Kbely, and there are restricted areas overlapping and prohibited areas nearby. For flight information AISView and IBS is available mostly in English.