PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 4th Aug 2018 Junkers JU52 crashed in Switzerland
Old 8th Aug 2018, 14:50
FollowTheSupper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DRDR
I have no idea. Like you I cannot find the aircraft anywhere in the 360° (horizontal!) image taken at 16:50. So it must have been out of the rather wide view of the 22 megapixel panoramic camera system for up to 5 minutes or it must have been just above it.

By the way: The operator of the camera came back to me: They have already been approached by the authorities, but unfortunately they do not have any further images.
DRDR,

There is a possible aircraft approaching in the Mutta Rodunda 1650hrs panorama.

As a newcomer, I don’t think my previous attempt to upload annotated image clips succeeded, so here is a verbose verbal target indication:

Roughly SW of the camera (if the direction icon at the top right of the screen is to be believed), is a wooden post, range approx. 10m. Beyond this is a green ridge-line range approx. 4km. Go slightly left from the post along the top of the ridge-line, and there is a lone cable-car pylon. Go further left again (about the same angle), and there is a white cable-car station building. Go back half-way between the station building and the pylon, and look higher up on the image… just below the most distant (much darker) ridge-line. There appears to be an aeroplane approaching at around the same elevation as the camera (± a few 1000ft). It’s too distant to make out much (even using 500% image magnification), other than it appears to be in level flight.

Would you be able to upload a clip from this image for me, please?