Old 8th Aug 2018, 00:12
  #2 (permalink)  
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,767
The FAA will only issue a private certificate based on a foreign license. Some FSDOs have handed that off to local DEs. Since you already hold a FAA ATP you can't go that route. Your will need to go complete an approved ground and flight training program and pass an oral and checkride. With time in type some training centers will conduct a shorter training program. There is no avoiding it at the ATP level.
MarkerInbound is offline