PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Phenom
Thread: Phenom
View Single Post
Old 7th Aug 2018, 23:02
airpolice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by NutLoose
They would have to be as far as I can tell, same with my Engineering licences, my best guess is they will simply cross out EASA on my licence and add CAA, then work from there, I forsee a commonality between the two being retained, I already hold a CAA licence under Annex 11 as well as my EASA one that was converted over from my CAA one to an EASA one under Grandfather rights.
Remember the CAA issued Licences before we joined all of this, indeed a UK EASA licence by the CAA is looked upon in the rest of the world as the favoured ones for employing people, hence why a lot of other people tried to convert their EASA licence issued in XYZ country to a UK one... The CAA vetoed that though.
So, where I am going with this, is that if the UK leaves EASA and simply replicates (initially) EASA rules and requirements, they could then change it, bit by bit, to suit what they are told by Parliament to do.

Having the CAA change what recognition is given to the CFS approved output might be easier than getting Europeans to accept it.
That of course would just be the tip of the iceberg, and do wonders for retention, if say a time period for a return of service was a sure fire way to a civvy licence.