PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cumbria - Dauphin in the fog...
View Single Post
Old 7th Aug 2018, 19:31
ralphmalph

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow.

@crab. You were very confident in you response to the comment about it not being an inexperienced crew? I suggest that as both of them finished Lynx CTT after you left 671 then you are guessing. Willy waving maybe?

I know both front seat guys. In varying contexts from time being a co-Pilot to one and to me being a SQHI for the other.

This isn’t SAR or HEMS any comparison is rubbish.

Yes. We all got caught out in weather, sometimes with little room to manoeuvre. Now we have dashcams.

@Crab : “they will have reported low flying on landing” great assumption. I wouldn’t have reported doing that, I would have hoped nobody would have seen or taken a picture.

I remember flying towards the Mull of Kintyre as a pilot @100’ over the Irish Sea thinking “there is a F@&k off hill at 19.2NM “ and dying to climb....not nice. Someone , somehow flew into it...trained and geared up for the job. Would they have been better at medium level?

I remember being gathered in Afghanistan at 0300 to discuss the relief of a PB under contact where out of 24 guys, in ten mins 16 were wounded with Taliban coming over the walls on the radio. The mission to launch and help was cancelled due to low visibility, they had to fight it out till the weather cleared. Awful hearing the updates...that’s reality. Flying around S Armagh postage stamp in low vis ain’t the same.

Yes, many of us have done the same. I took 4 Lynx under wires because the cloud was on top of the towers (my mistake with weather) luckily......nobody filmed me, or I would need to answer to the rule book like anyone else!