PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2-5
Thread: Jet2-5
View Single Post
Old 5th Aug 2018, 20:52
Cloud1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mik3bravo
Basically, Jet2 need to improve and make sure a repeat occurrence never happens again. That means Jet2 need to improve their processes, procedures and human factors revolving around these sensitive matters or risk being found to potentially have processes and procedures which do not protect against passenger discriminatory behaviours which could potentially invite a legal suit against the airline plus all the negative public relations that will generate. Over to Jet2 to get on top of this matter and sort it out fast. All it takes is a couple of random mystery passengers with special assistance requests to establish if Jet2 have their house in order. I will not be surprised if that type of watchdog random effort is planned now. Time will tell.
Hi there, Jet2 carry a very high number of PRMs of varying disabilities so I would suggest this is an isolated event. A review of process may be needed in this individual event but much of this relates to the handling of the situation by the handling agent. Where cultural differences and language barriers can result in miss communication I would say that no offence was intended and further training by the handling agent themselves (which I think is Split Airport actually) would be much more beneficial.