PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - When I handed in my kit . . .
View Single Post
Old 5th Aug 2018, 08:37
Wensleydale

Received 45 Likes on 30 Posts
Ah - the joys of the clothing book. I was posted from Lossiemouth to Waddington, but unfortunately Lossiemouth was subjected to a part two Taceval on the week before my posting and the Squadron flatly refused to grant me any leave before hand (full Station leave ban in force). Not only that, I could not hand in any of my aircraft specific kit because I would need it. The result was that I was chasing around Station with a clearance chit on the Friday (with everyone on it taking the day off because of the Taceval) in order to start my course at Waddington early Monday morning. The Squadron flying clothing section was very helpful..."Just leave all your kit in the holdall, sir, and we will deal with categorising and will then take it stores for you". I didn't think any more about it until posting from Waddington a couple of years later. Given my book to check - there in black and white was not my flying kit signed off, but a full duplicate set entered there-in. (Two immersion suits; two headsets; two parachute harnesses etc). Fortunately, the storeman at Waddington just got a biro and scrubbed them through!! Otherwise it could have proved expensive.