PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Boeing Fleet management: Legal/industrial issues
Old 4th Aug 2018, 03:04
Apple Tree Yard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Boeing Fleet management: Legal/industrial issues

So this is how it is going to be is it? Last newsletter you (BCP) told us that we couldn’t call in unfit AFTER we had been assigned a duty off of a reserve period (highly illegal, and I am certain you have put yourself in legal jeopardy with that, what say you AOA?). After all, if I come down with food poisoning on the Airport Express on the way to said duty, you seem to suggest I am supposed to still operate, in contravention of ANO's regarding operating when unfit. In the latest newsletter, you say we can’t “discuss industrial issues on the flight deck”. Good luck with that. I can safely assure you that that is about the ONLY thing that is being discussed, every day, every flight (with the result usually being what airline we are applying to, what airline we have interviewed with, what airline start date am I waiting for). I'll talk about whatever I want to talk about on my flight deck. Why not stand up for your pilots and represent their concerns and issues to Swire management (holding my breath). If there was not a complete failure of management and a laundry list of grievances, there wouldn't be anything to talk about would there? No, instead, you feel you can just amend human nature, coerce to operate unfit and shut down freedom of expression. Ok, that about sums up the complete disconnect between management and the aircrew body. Is there any wonder that nearly every pilot under the age of 45 is looking to get out.

Last edited by Apple Tree Yard; 4th Aug 2018 at 07:10.