PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Viability of G3 vs G4
View Single Post
Old 3rd Aug 2018, 00:10
SpaceWrangler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
With the information, you provided the G200 isn't an ideal fit for Orange County due to Runway length. The G200's one shortcoming, in my opinion, is that it is a runway hog and John Wayne is a fairly short runway. Flying part 91, you may be able to make NYC non-stop getting out of John Wayne but you wouldn't have a ton of margin for error.

One of my clients flies out of John Wayne currently and an earlier serial number (heavier) G200 will not make Hawaii because of the shorter runway...different story if you are flying out of Long Beach or Van Nuys.

Regarding your question, outside of obvious things like cabin size, ramp presence, range the main differences would be operating cost. There's more than just fuel burn- GIV captains and SIC's will command more money (I'm sure you are aware of the pilot shortage and how hard it is to retain/hir pilots), more expensive hangar rent, higher insurance premiums and ramp fees, more expensive scheduled and unscheduled maintenance, upgrading to FANS 1/A/CPDLC/ADS-B out is going to cost a lot more too (unless the aircraft already have the 6.1 FMS provisions). Both pre-owned markets are very stable Both the G200 and the GIV/SP residual values have been flat over the past several consecutive quarters. I see the G200 depreciating less over the long term than a nice ASC-190 equipped IV or IV-SP. The G200 market currently has way more demand than the IV market- currently there are more buyers than sellers and good pedigreed/low time G200s (especially between SN 52-150 ish) are going fast.

If you have room in the budget, I think you would be an ideal Legacy 600 buyer.