PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EU Delay Compensation
View Single Post
Old 2nd Aug 2018, 06:25
Porky Speedpig

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mark in CA
Flight Stats usually shows Gate Time and Runway Time, and it also shows the flight log where all entries are made for tail number, estimated and actual times for departure and arrival gate and runway times, gate numbers, etc.. From watching these values for various flights, it seems to me that not all airlines are "honest" about the times they post. There are often missing times, too. All part of the game, I guess.
I have to say as someone who has appeared as a witness in many Eu261 court cases that I have the opposite view Mark, the airlines and airports invest hundreds of million pounds/dollars/euro in technology that accurately records such times. Other interested parties (such as trade unions representing workforces who are paid according to these times) audit such systems so there is zero chance of any fiddling. On the other hand the various sites and apps which have sprung up over the years have some level of inaccuracy and inference built in of necessity.

Apologies, fake news. It has been tested in court(s). And there are no MISSING times except on the apps - Airlines are mandated to record times by the airworthiness authorities, airframe and engine manufacturers etc.