PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Cityflyer-2
Thread: BA Cityflyer-2
View Single Post
Old 28th Jul 2018, 20:35
MerchantVenturer

Brunel to Concorde

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Welshtraveller
Why was the Bristol to Florence flight cancelled?

This flight is always delayed, I had a nightmare of a flight last month. In addition to delays on both journeys the pilot removed all hold baggage from the plane as the aircraft was too heavy. I was a fan of British Airways but not anymore unfortunately.
Looking at FR24 E170 G-LCYG operated LCY-FLR three hours late this morning. It then operated FLR-BRS arriving at the latter at 1544 (sched arrival 1225). Instead of returning to FLR with Italy-bound passengers from BRS the flight is shown as cancelled.

All that is shown for the aircraft on FR24's aircraft flight history page is that it departed BRS at 1647 this afternoon with no destination shown. The page shows its next work as STN-FLR tomorrow morning so I'm assuming it went there from BRS.

The BRS website arrivals page shows the FLR-BRS as 'Arrived' but there is no information regarding its deparure on the airport's departures page except the unhelpful note 'Go to Departures' which has been in place since this afternoon.

A poster on another website who was due to travel with his family today said he received an app message from the airline saying today's FLR-BRS was cancelled.

Could this have been a crew hours issue bearing in mind the late running of the earlier sectors?