PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Baltic Aviation Academy
View Single Post
Old 27th Jul 2018, 13:13
tecnamflyer

Originally Posted by Jurow View Post
It is partially wrong,

The entire fleet was grounded for 1 day due to the crash (for a check I presumed).
All the SEP operations have resumed the following day.
The P2006T Tecnam is due to be grounded for scheduled maintenance in the next weeks but still flying.
BAA is looking for new aircrafts to lease/rent following this incident and the development of the Ab initio department.

ATCs have summer holidays like anybody. They have hired new staff recently so they are not fully competent at the moment, that's right.
I do complain myself about the organisation but still have the feeling that it's worth the money, assuming you're in a cadet program.

The contract specified that the training takes place for a period no more than 2 years so, you already know what to except before signing.
Some people finished earlier, and that leads to the common expectation that it will be the same for them.

If you pass the selections for a cadet program, I think it is still a valuable opportunity.
The groundschool is OK, they changed the CBT recently (Bristol > PadPilot).

More informations for the new base are supposed to be released next week.
Where you are getting such incorrect informations from? You are flying or ground school in Vilnius? I don't think you know what you are talking about.

'All SEP operations resumed following day' ... you are joking? Only 1 aircraft is flying for a number of days and they still in the maintenance, the weekend no one knows what's happening. Can you imagine such big number of cadets and many airlines and they are having 1 plane only serviceable?

P2006T is flying now? This is not correct. They had 2. One is gone from incident last week and another is in maintenance now few weeks and will be again for at least 3/4 more weeks. No multi engine now in the school. Yes they try to lease but will take time and not easy.

ATC holidays? Wrong. One ATC left and no replacement for a while. Now imagine to be stuck in the middle of the VFR and no training and nobody want listen.