PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair-10
Thread: Ryanair-10
View Single Post
Old 26th Jul 2018, 15:55
Sober Lark

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by INKJET

with most reasonable employers I would be inclined to agree with you. I’m no fan of unions I worked in the UK in the 70’s and witnessed first hand the damage by the NUM steel workers and RMT, but the likes of BALPA are a white collar Union not an offshoot of the communist party.

what you do not grasp is that we are mobile employees, in the main very flexible I spend 2 in 5 nights in hotels, not complaining my employer Norwegian pays for the hotel and my breakfast, ditto my staff car park, pension, private medical, sick pay, holidays and in flight meals so I,m a happy bunny and yes I earn the sort of money reported by Ryanair, hell I even get free water and coffee during the flight, I have trained dozens of ex Ryanair pilots, they get none of this, sleeping in crew rooms, even in airport lounges is common, parking their cars in know freebie car park often belonging to companies that have nothing to do with Ryanair.

on the positive side Ryanair’s training is first class ditto the safety record, we all know we are only as safe as our last flight, the stupid thing is Ryanair could be a great company to work for and still make massive profits for its shareholders.

people castigated O’leary I don’t he’s only the white zit on top of a pool of poison, he has to face down the unions and I wouldn’t bet against him, think of Assad he has to kill his opponents or be killed by them.

Inkjet, reasonable reply thank you. My guess is that Ryanair will invest in workers and like Delta they will become one of the least unionised airlines in the world. But at present I feel a Union that can't even build their own web site in 6 months is demanding too much from a company that only recognised unions 7 months ago.