PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Edinburgh-3
Thread: Edinburgh-3
View Single Post
Old 26th Jul 2018, 14:20
edi_local

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by nighthawk117
It's not entirely surprising that frequency is being reduced for the winter season, demand is always going to drop off. At least it's a cut and not a complete cancellation. Given that the market is probably mainly inbound tourism, the fact it is PEK-DUB-EDI that has been reduced suggests that it may be Dublin that is struggling, rather than EDI. Although having said that, unless loads are less than 50%, there's going to be issues getting everyone home again :-)

I wouldn't worry about the double drop too much - most people will just book their flights on days that operate the way they wish to fly, I bet few are booking PEK-EDI-DUB for example, unless it's offered pretty cheaply, or they really need to travel on that particular date.
I can say from a reliable source that very few, sometimes none, use the triangle route in either direction,

PEK-EDI and EDI-PEK
PEK-DUB and DUB-PEK

EDI-DUB and DUB-EDI

Are all pretty busy (the shuttle sector surprisingly so some days), but there are few and far between who are using it to go EDI-DUB-PEK for example. It doesn't make a lot of sense.

Still, at 3 per week, or even 1 direct per week in winter, Beijing will have more flights than say, JFK or YYZ.