PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Scampton And Linton-on-Ouse Closure
View Single Post
Old 24th Jul 2018, 15:01
m0nkfish

Received 56 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by BEagle
BV, sadly most truckies were unwilling to make waves and suggest alternatives... Those of us who'd been buggered about in previous existences were more likely to try.

I've flown trooping flights to/from Lossiemouth, Kinloss, Turnhouse, Manchester in shiny VC10s and to Marham, Wittering, East Midlands, Leuchars in the VC10K.

Can do - if allowed!

Some pax are never satisfied though - we once gave to some pompous pongo officer a lift to Germany. It was a double IRT sortie, so Brize to the Clutch took a couple of hours and 3 approaches, taking-off at 10:00 local. Rather than thanking anyone, said pongo huffed and puffed about the time it was taking....

Just for once could a thread about Scampton NOT become a conversation about that sodding dog...PLEASE!
When based at Lossie I had Tristar and laterly Voyager land to disembark tired and emotional service personnel who just want to be reunited with their families as quickly as possible. I've also been told we have to get on a bus and drive to Prestwick/Brize because its 'impossible' for a Tristar/Voyager to land at Lossie. Never really understood why it would be safe and acceptable one minute and then not the next.

Always very appreciative of the crews though, especially when a Tristar captain dropped us all off at Lossie and announced on landing that anyone that wanted onward transport to Brize should make themselves known and would be accommodated. After a long time away from home the effort to get people back quickly was, I think, appreciated by everyone.