PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Advice from JET 2 pilots please
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jul 2018, 17:31
Chairmanofthebored..

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by wiggy

Out of interest can I ask what you mean by that? Do you mean you’d have got a ‘OK bid’ out of the very recent annual bid but because of the way the training bid works you’ll be well into next year before you actually started a course?

Hi Wiggy, no I haven’t got a bid in. I just said it that way as it was easier than explaining the whole BA annual bid system when my question was long winded enough. Reason I didn’t bid this year is that if I stay at BA then LH is easier to commute to ( even though I don’t love LH) . If I was pretty confident of leaving I might bid for SH command if it helped me move. Given I haven’t made up my mind I didn’t bid. When I said I was senior enough it was based on previous years lgw lhr commands, which as you know is never a guarantee of next year.

Based on the responses here it’s unclear if it would be worth doing a SH command at Ba or not. I know a guy who left p2 long haul a few months ago to jet2 and he’s starting a command at the end of summer. Although that was to a different base. Some guys here reckon it could be a lot longer. I’m open to the fact I will never know 100% so there’s always risk

in regards to bidding at BA you’re right. Things are changing and I’m not just comparing BA now to other airlines but considering what BA is turning into.

thanks to everyone who has chipped in , it’s helpful to hear your opinions . Good and bad!