PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Should the captain apologise to passengers for bone jarring landing
Old 21st Jul 2018, 09:03
pilotmike

Received 66 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by binzer
Well they should apologise after my flight from Moscow to Geneva the other day. The Swiss cabin crew were excellent for our trip,, then the pilots ruined it with excessive braking, And I’ll answer already,, it was just to make an earlier exit.
Wow! In your own words, an excellent flight with excellent service from the cabin crew, then the "pilots" - apparently both of them - ruined your day by maybe taking a last minute instruction from ATC to take the next exit and "expedite", and complying with that possible instruction, all for your safety? And you might have felt a small increased pressure from that lapstrap that you still had fastened. Maybe better not to fasten your belt next time, 'cos you'd never want any discomfort from that ruining your day in a serious emergency, would you?

You've come on here to gripe about some braking which undoubtedly was done for safety and not just for the fun of doing it to ruin your day. It doesn't take much to upset you! Truly awful. I hope you have recovered from what must have been a terrifying and shocking experience. The acceleration on take off can sometimes be a bit severe too, especially on those shorter runways, so maybe complain to the pilots (both of them, remember - jointly and severally guilty of such gross misconduct) about that as well. Everything just for your ultimate comfort, b0II0(&$ to everyone else's safety. Heaven forbid they ever dared an emergency descent after an explosive decompression. "Take it down real slow, we'd never want any complaints from binzer back there, would we". Let everyone pass out with hypoxia rather than upset old 'whinger binzer'!

Might I respectfully suggest only travelling by foot from now on, as cars, even trains sometimes have to brake more sharply than the driver might wish, purely for the safety of their passengers and themselves. Oh, what a rotten world, with cars and trains and planes with brakes, and the drivers / pilots sometimes having to use them.

Might you have over-indulged from the generosity of the cabin crew and this was the real cause of your belly-ache?

Just askin'!