PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hainan Airlines
Thread: Hainan Airlines
View Single Post
Old 21st Jul 2018, 07:48
SunNFun

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by krismiler
Think carefully before joining Hainan due to their current financial problems. Rumours of some agencies not being able to pay their pilots, Airbus stopping further deliveries as well. Hopefully they are "too big to fail" and it gets sorted out.

China Southern may be a better option at the moment.
Of course anyone should make their own research, but the current news regarding the above stated financial troubles relate to HNA Group and not Hainan Airlines. The two are currently underway to be financially disentangled. Agencies not paying their pilots is because said agencies are not managing their financials properly. Hainan Airlines has in the past (twice I believe) delayed their salary payments by up to 10 days; but again that did not affect me. I have been paid by my agency each and every month on the first of the month. Also Hainan starts taking delivery of a new 787 next week and will receive more every 21 days until the end of the year.

I'm not saying that working in China or for Hainan Airlines specifically is without risk, but IMHO it's worth it and you're getting rewarded for it handsomely. Picking a reputable Agency and sufficient LoL Insurance etc are a very important part of that.