PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester-2
Thread: Manchester-2
View Single Post
Old 19th Jul 2018, 17:20
techair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
UASS from what I've witnessed on a daily basis, it's the usual cheap skate attitude with punters not wanting to pay to drop and stopping just about anywhere, which then has a knock on effect to traffic flows and causing car parks staff extra headaches. Additionally over 10 years since the present security enhancements were brought in I would expect travellers by now to know what they should be doing to speed the queue nad get through security quicker.
Im not saying that all is rosy in the garden with MAN as it is far from it, but from what I see, this time next year things will be far better than at the moment, with huge multi storey car parks in construction, massive overhauls/ upgrades to many of the airport infrastructures (gas, electric, comms, fuel etc) MAN TP progressing and SEMMS getting towards an opening date, these projects alone will make a very big difference.
One last point, I think that too many managers who actually know what they are doing in running an airport have been seconded to MAN TP, leaving an operational experience imbalance across the whole business. Once some of the secondments have concluded, the experienced staff will be back to their regular duties hopefully putting things back in place.