PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OPTING OUT OF MEDICAL RECORDS
View Single Post
Old 19th Jul 2018, 07:03
bushpig

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The idea might be good but the chances of it being hacked are 100% in my opinion.
I received an email from Airservices Australia two days ago stating:
'Airservices Australia takes your privacy very seriously. We regret to inform you about a recent cyber security incident with one of our vendors, PageUp. This company provides us with software services used as part of our online recruitment processes.'.....there is more but that is the essence of it.
I have had communication with them. I also started getting 10-15 spam emails per day about 4 weeks ago, out of the blue, to do with PC Flight Simulators with 'real ATC' among other things. I didn't read them, just the 'headlines'. I am quite computer literate and my PC is as secure as I can get it. I only use Facebook to a minimal extent, no real communication as such and none aviation related, am not a member of any flying related organisations or associations and currently don't fly. Just keep my medical and ASIC current at the moment. So through what I may do on my computer there is very little aviation related stuff.
Aviation ID has also been hacked if I remember recent News correctly.
I also received an email supposedly from a friend who I used to fly with and with whom I communicate regularly. It just said 'Hiya' ....not language he would use, and provided a link to another spam site. The email, although it used his 'callsign' was from the wrong server. It was disguised in gobbledygook though but could be worked out reasonably easily. The site appeared to be based in South America.
Perhaps circumstance? No problem at the moment other than nuisance value. But will I have my details of any kind voluntarily on a large database? No! And that is before you start looking at the idea that government departments and others just might possibly 'legally...cross pollinate' information.

Last edited by bushpig; 19th Jul 2018 at 07:20.