PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus-7
Thread: Aer Lingus-7
View Single Post
Old 18th Jul 2018, 14:07
tom1975

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't think it's as straight forward as you are making it out by saying, 'Transatlantic doesn't work from Cork'. While I think Cork is a regional airport, and the reality of flights across the US is a completely unrealistic expectation, you also need to look at the offering that is there for transatlantic at the moment. Norwegian, while they deserve credit for offering the first direct route, fly into Providence... this is marketed as Boston, but the reality is, Providence is not Boston, and should not be marketed as Boston! This is like FR marketing Hahn as Frankfurt. There is no possibility of onward connections to other areas in the US, and the days of week the service is offered are all over the place. I fly to the US quite often, but the service they offer never makes sense, in terms of outbound and return. Cork needs a regular service to either New York or Boston, where people can connect onwards to other destinations. If it's EI that offer this, great, I personally don't think they will, but that's just an opinion! I think Cork needs to find a carrier that will be able to fly passengers into a larger airport, with good onward flight opportunities...