PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The NAS, facts and fantasies
View Single Post
Old 7th Oct 2003, 12:21
snarek

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
duck

The incompetent ATCs seem to be identifyable by the tone of their posts. I certainly do not put all ATC in that barrell and am interested in the opinions of those that can give it without the rhetoric or emotional drivell I associate with CivilAir.

Several of you AOPA guys have said that you don’t care how hard it is for the RPT/ATC folk to do their jobs…I put it to you that we actually care whether the traveling public is put at risk, whereas you and your aero club mates do not.
Who??? This is pure rubbish. I have never heard any current AOPA Board member say anything like this!!! You may be interested to know that while AOPA policy is

1. Support for 2B

2. Reserved support for all of NAS.

Because AOPA represents GA industry as well as the PPL.

We continue to work towards our final position based on opinions from members and from valid comments made by people like ****zu-Tonka, Chief-Galah, triadic, ferris etc etc. That is why we are here on PPRuNe.

I am well used to this forum and the attacks one cops when daring to not accept all the force fed wisdom delivered. Plazbot jumps to mind. However ignoring his abusive waffle, posts from those I have listed above do give us all food for thought and we do go away and consider them.

So how about you become one of the former rather than joining the latter and help us understand why you feel the way you do, what can/should be done to allay your fears and how this solution will not disadvantage our members??

AK