PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - full-pressure (i.e. a space suit) or partial-pressure?
Old 17th Jul 2018, 11:19
Pontius Navigator
I don't own this space under my name. I should have leased it while I still could

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
ACW, I was just ahead of you and we had the G-trousers and the privilege of a bang to 56k and without digging out my old log book I think it was 30 seconds. The following year, 65 and 66, it was as you say 52k and 15 seconds. The next in the phart chamber was for F4 'LL do only to 48k.

Bigpants, that was just one of the cruel and unusual tortures inflicted on our little pink (and later any coloured) bodies. One side effect of the bang was the appearance of little red spots on the skin with me today. Then there were the regular attempts drown drown us in freezing seas.

At least they let us wear denims and never thought to have us join the RM in the Arctic in case we landed bollock naked in a hole in the ice.

Luffenham had a Go however towing us on our backs across a snow covered airfield behind a 4-tonner. Having done that the instructor said now on your front. We declined. He then did it himself on his front. We were VERY impressed. When he said now you turn we again declined.

​His threats were hollow as they could no chop an entire course.

Last edited by Pontius Navigator; 17th Jul 2018 at 11:29.