PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot Sues For Forced Retirement
View Single Post
Old 15th Jul 2018, 20:01
beamer

Received 68 Likes on 26 Posts
Bailed out at 62 and don't miss flying one iota despite 21k hours mil/civ. Couple of flights in light aircraft and a few glider launches have not re-ignited any urges to do more. I had a good innings with more than a few ups and downs but in the words of the late Ayrton Senna, the time came to 'stop, walk away and let it be'.

I know Wayne, albeit not well, but I wonder why he did not start this crusade a long time ago. Not so sure he would be so keen if he was flying into Turkey and Greece in the early hours but then he has been a longhaul baron for a very long time. One wonders how an extension to, say seventy, will go down with the younger generations of pilots. The current limit of 65 has been around for quite some time giving most ample opportunity to sort out their lives accordingly. That being said, I do understand the implications of airlines going bust allied to multi-marriages and second/third famillies. Equally a previous post said retirement sucks and I can quite understand that point of view; its not easy, even if you prepared for it by going part-time.

Last edited by beamer; 15th Jul 2018 at 20:23.