PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - from EK .......DEC to RYR
View Single Post
Old 15th Jul 2018, 07:03
Noleave

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Airdancer
Noleave seems to be quite RYR pro which could mean that it indeed is getting better or he is a management troll. You never know.

I'm ex RYR and would like to point out that EK is indeed the longhaul version of RYR just more money. Also keep in mind that everything EK changed is learned from RYR. They are rats and will squeeze you once the desperation phase is over. They are indeed improving on a lot of fronts but don't be blind and idiotic. These guys will screw you over again and again once money starts rolling again. At the moment jobs are everywhere and they know that as they are losing more pilots then they can hire ( sounds familiar?). They are improving tho to attract but please just see it as a carrot to reel you in!

Also to counteract noleave. Flt ops are morons and had to explain then several times what our flight time limitation were and what the rules are about discretion. ( They will bully captains in going in discretion or plan block time shorter than flight time just to plan into discretion ).

Also he forgot to mention base changes and out of base weeks. Changes happen and they will force you out of your base so you have to commute which means 4 days off turned into 2 days off. MOL likes to change his mind and reductions with airplanes or just base closures happen quite often.
Then there are out of base weeks which happen primarily if you're a contracter. Hope for the best that you get a base which is connected to yours otherwise it's up to you to get to the base by own transport and yes also own hotel costs... all that for only 20 euro per hour extra...

I'm not saying stay in EK or don't go to RYR, I'm just warning you. I left RYR and now I am also leaving EK as it's just the same company. I did make more money here which was my ultimate goal so I'm not complaining but just keep in mind you're going from one bad to another. There are much better options out there.
Hi Airdancer,

Like I said I am new here.

I have heard about all the things that you have said.

I have to to admit I was and am apprehensive, but I have not been affected, nor have the people at my base or the people I Know at other bases by out of base assignments or changes.

There have been the odd out of base for the FO but the DH is being done on a duty day ie one of the 5 days on. Whether this is a change from the past I do not know.

with regards to mgmt, I can’t counter your point of view. I just have never had any decision questioned by them. I have only seen how they have managed other issues with colleagues at my base, and it’s a lot better than at EK.

You are correct in your comparison of the modus operandi of the company in that they are both into massive cost cutting.

I will stay as long as it works for me. But for the time being, yes, it’s a hell of a lot more refreshing than at EK. If it’s temporary or not I can’t tell.