PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GA SUMMIT 2018 - RESOLUTIONS
View Single Post
Old 15th Jul 2018, 06:19
LeadSled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by gerry111
I agree Horatio and apologise that my comments regarding AOPA are negative. But many years ago as a member, there was consensus that if anything was to be achieved politically, the membership fees would need to be massively increased. I was happy with that then, despite AOPA real estate assets in Canberra being squandered.

And then nothing was really achieved. The CASA Regulatory Reform process never took off. That's from about 20 years ago.
Gerry111,
Do you understand the ramifications of our CASR Parts 21- 35, and where that came from, do you think it just appeared out of the mist one morning over Canberra, or was crafted by the CASA "iron ring", out of the goodness of their wooden hearts.

Do you understand that Part 21 is the basis for the huge expansion of AUF/RAOz, Experimental Amateur Built and Limited Category (Warbirds) since 1998.

Do you understand what an advance the original PIFR represented?

All that, and more, ONLY happened because of AOPA effort, subsequent to the reforms to AOPA pushed through by Dick Smith and Boyd Munro in 1994/95.

I appreciate that many of you only feel "comfortable" with "kiss a---", rather than "kick a---", but the latter works, the former just leaves a bad taste.

Ben is doing what has to be done, if anything is to be achieved, given the Minister's most recent statements, he has not yet "got the message", there is a lot more to be done to "convince" the Minister it is in his personal and the Government's collective political interest to take action.

Tootle pip!!

PS: The airlines made major gains out of Parts 21-25 as well, not just the little end of town ---- the whole aviation sector will gain from US style regulation, just as NZ has done post their 1990's reforms, NZ reforms that have now been adopted around the Pacific and into parts of Asia.